Crypto Markets Update
The Crypto markets continued bearish this week, most likely still influenced by the recent hawkish turn by the Fed. For the moment, Bitcoin seems to be staying close to the key $20,000 level, but its downturn has affected the whole market. Both Bitcoin and Ethereum lost a significant amount of value, though Ethereum seems to be doing a bit better thanks to the expectations surrounding the Merge. Nevertheless the general mood in the markets seems to be turning very negative, as we are once again trading in “extreme fear” territory according to the Fear & Greed Index.
However, market conditions are probably going to change pretty soon. The Ethereum merge is scheduled to happen in less than two weeks, and such an event is likely to cause a huge spike in volatility. Whether everything goes right with the merge or we get a bunch of new Ethereum forks competing for attention, an event of this importance is sure to cause price moves in one direction or the other. For the moment we can only wait and prepare.
StakeCube in Numbers
For StakeCube the week was pretty uneventful, with SCC maintaining in the same price range and small weekly changes for most indicators.
- User Count: 147,488 +0.23%
- Pool Value: 650.23 BTC -2.22%
- SCC Price: $0.245 +2.51%
- SCC Market Cap: $2,657,000 +3.02%
- Daily Exchange Volume $37,367 -10.00%
- Daily SCP Transactions: 24 +20.00%
Top 5 Gainers
- MERGE +69.8
- NEBL +15.8
- LTC +14.6%
- GHOST +11.2%
- PAC +8.5%
DashD Collateral Change
DashD masternodes are going to change their collateral from 15,000 coins to 20,000 in the next few days. Most likely, this will happen on the 5th of September. After that, NodeCube users will need to destroy their hot nodes and deploy new ones with the new collateral amount. Cold node users will need to setup the new collateral in their own wallets and restart the masternodes.
CTSC and HCC Removed
This week we finalized the delisting process for CTSC and HCC. Both trade and withdraw functions for these coins are now unavailable.
Coins in Earn System
The process to move all of our listed staking and masternode coins to the Earn system has continued this week. PNY, DIVI, BLOCK, STRAX, NAV, RDD and KMD have now been migrated. From now on, users with holdings of these coins will receive daily earn rewards which will combine all the staking and masternode rewards that our wallets receive.
New Derek NFT Collection
Derek surprised us again this week with a new NFT collection deployed on SCP. This time it’s “the Bearz n the Bullz” collection, featuring a bunch of different bears and bulls of cool design; some of which have StakeCube logo backgrounds. Check it out here:
He is also giving away this collection to the community, so feel free to contact him to get yours!
Wallets in Maintenance
This is the status of all wallets currently in maintenance:
- BLTG: Forking issues.
- DAPS: Sync issues.
- LUX: Sync issues.
- PAC: Forking issues, we have a ticket open with their team, awaiting reply.
- XLR: Swap in progress.
Unfortunately our writer Sandude could not access the internet on Friday and the newsletter publication had to be postponed to Saturday. Either way, this was an isolated incident, and newsletters will continue to be published on Friday from now on. Our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience.
Please read the following information regarding the security of your account and funds:
The StakeCube.net team will:
- Never contact you first
- Never ask you to send them or move coins to some other address
- Never ask you for remote access or to install any third party software
- Never ask you for your password or 2FA codes
- Never provide support using direct messages
If you observe any of these listed behaviors, someone is trying to steal money from you. This applies to all of our social media channels. Our team will post official messages in the appropriate channels, and we only offer support through our ticket system on our support email:
Please, also take into account the following measures to keep your account secure:
- Enable 2FA in the account settings
- Enable IP verification in the account settings
- Use a strong password
- Change the password regularly
- Never share your password with others
- Never allow remote access to your devices
- If you require assistance, use only the official channels
- Download software only from verified sources
SCP Wallet is now signed with JSKitty’s public PGP key. This allows users to verify that the wallet has been cryptographically signed and approved by him. Even if our GitHub is compromised, the downloads are still safe as long as the PGP verification confirms that the files have not been tampered with. If you download SCP, please verify the binary against our developer’s public key:
Social Media and Other Important Links:
- Discord: https://discord.gg/RTJKjdwEsY
- Telegram: https://t.me/Stakecube
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/964396784312480
- Facebook Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/StakeCubeEcosystem
- Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/stakecube
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/stakecube/
- SCPScan: https://scpscan.net/
- SCC Explorer: http://188.8.131.52/