StakeCube in Numbers
Weakness continues to plague the Crypto markets, with a new flash crash today taking Bitcoin below $52,000. Most other cryptocurrencies also ended the day in the red with only a few exceptions among platform coins. Seems like the markets are flushing out some of the leverage that had been piling up on expectations of another bull run to end the current cycle. StakeCube was mildly affected by this downturn, but as the figures show, nothing too drastic.
- User Count: 129,075 +0.44%
- Pool Value: 575.49 BTC -2.95%
- Daily BTC Mined: 0.070 BTC -2.78%
- SCC Price: $1.02 -1.92%
- SCC Market Cap: $10,196,000 -1.65%
- Daily Exchange Volume $108,582 -0.00%
- Alexa Rank 19,372 -276
These were the top 5 gainers for this week:
Top 5 Gainers
- BLOCK +71.5%
- DIVI +68.8%
- XSN +32.0%
- NEBL +27.1%
- MONK +22.3%
If you’re interested in monitoring the situation with leveraged positions in the Crypto markets, I suggest you use this page:
Positive levels indicate a bullish bias for open leveraged positions, while negative levels a bearish one. When funding levels get very high, there is increased risk of a margin cascade. Margin cascades cause prices to change very rapidly, as all available liquidity is used to settle liquidated positions evaporating one side of the order-books.
Oleg had a talk with Alex from MeaTec today to discuss current issues and some of the biggest concerns from our users. Although many topics were talked about, these are the main conclusions from the discussion:
- Payouts should be regular again, as MeaTec’s new withdrawal system is in place and working as intended.
- MeaTec has confirmed that they will still be able to offer hardware for MineCube. This means, the sale of MineCube workers will continue uninterrupted.
- All damaged miners will be repaired by MeaTec, as none of StakeCube’s machines are completely broken. This will be done as soon as MeaTec’s new repair center is ready. Although no ETA was given, we should not expect this to happen in the short term.
Additionally we submitted to them the questions from the AMA we held last week. We are now waiting for them to send us the answers within the next two weeks. We will share these answers with the community as soon as we receive them, and expect that they will provide additional information and transparency.
Until then, please follow MeaTec’s social media channels, refer to them any questions regarding their announcements, and maintain a respectful and objective language in all public channels. For those, who cannot handle the risk of investing into mining, we strongly discourage participation.
For the moment we expect MeaTec to ensure that these issues don’t continue, but we will consider additional providers if for whatever reason this becomes necessary.
MeaTec’s Twitter account:
MeaTec’s Telegram channel:
MeaTec Payment System Issues
This week some MineCube payments had a delay of a few days due to an update on MeaTec’s side. The update is now working as intended and, as said before, payments should be regular from now on.
MetaBrands 1000 SCC Giveaway
The 1000 SCC Giveaway finished with Ominousregal as the happy winner. Apart from the 1000 SCC, they also won hosting for one masternode for a whole year on StakeCube.net. Our most sincere congratulations to the winner!
This was the official communication from the MetaBrands team:
eSports Sponsor Packs
We have started a new YouTube channel to upload all streams from our eSports events and AMAs. This is the channel:
We will be hosting a new eSports event on the 18th of December. If you represent a project and are interested in sponsoring our eSports events, feel free to open a ticket on our eSports Discord server or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. These are our current sponsor plans:
Mana NFT Giveaway
To celebrate our partnership with MetaBrands, we are giving away 33 exclusive “Mana, Guardian of StakeCube” NFTs. If you want to participate in the giveaway, just follow the instructions you’ll find through this link:
This was our official announcement:
Although mining difficulty fell again this week, the positive effect on MineCube mining returns was greatly offset by the big fall in Bitcoin prices. As we have explained before, falling Bitcoin prices cause the electricity bill to take away a larger portion of the rewards obtained.
These are some statistics for MineCube as of today:
- 460 users with at least 100% recovered
- 173 average workers per user
- Highest recovery rate: 131.51%
- $2.23 million worth of workers sold
And these are some statistics relevant to the mining of Bitcoin:
- Hashpower: 180.5m TH/s +17.92%
- Difficulty: 22.336t -0.72%
- Bitcoin Price: $47,676 -10.9%
- StakeCube Hashpower: 1,582.0 TH/s
BNB, ETH downtimes.
BNB and ETH had wallet updates this week that caused some delay for deposits/withdrawals. After the updates, the wallets had to resync, which can take up to 24 hours for ETH or more than 48h for BNB. Both wallets are again online.
We have added search and sorting filters to the MyNFTs page of the NFT marketplace. Moreover, you will also find summary data of all NFT-related activities you have carried out such as NFT deposits or sales. This should help visualize potential value gains, and make it easier to navigate big NFT collections.
Our exclusive Discord bot has had a total revamp this week, with a new multi-coin codebase, refined interface, and huge scaling upgrades. This comes alongside a new expansion that includes the absorption of another bot, bumping up our total users and Discord servers and greatly improving the visibility of BotCube across all of Discord!
This is a list of the upgrades done to BotCube:
- Multi-Coin support: Starting out with 7 listed coins and of course SCC as the default one.
- Highly customizable settings: You can now set custom coins, currencies, toggle rain collection, and more!
- Staking Pool: PoS coins listed on BotCube have a zero-fee staking pool for all users to enjoy.
- Moderation Tools: Server owners can use BotCube as their server’s bodyguard as well as a tipbot!
- Other changes: Improved games, tipping, wallet information and portfolio management.
We are aiming to have full SCP-1 and SCP-2 integration by next week, which will give all SCP tokens a new use-case, an SCP-2 staking pool, and easy community onboarding for SCP projects.
If you’d like to use BotCube in your own server(s), you can message it with !invite or alternatively use this URL: https://discord.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=816420836226629632&scope=bot
Wallet Maintenance News
We updated the following wallets:
Previous version: 22.214.171.124
New version: 126.96.36.199
The wallet was updated twice this week.
Previous version: 1.10.11
New version: 1.10.13
Previous version: 1.1.5
New version: 1.1.6
Previous version: 188.8.131.52
New version: 184.108.40.206
Please read the following information regarding the security of your account and funds:
The StakeCube.net team will:
- Never contact you first
- Never ask you to send them or move coins to some other address
- Never ask you for remote access or to install any third party software
- Never ask you for your password or 2FA codes
- Never provide support using direct messages
If you observe any of these listed behaviors, someone is trying to steal money from you. This applies to all of our social media channels. Our team will post official messages in the appropriate channels, and we only offer support through our ticket system on Discord.
Please, also take into account the following measures to keep your account secure:
- Enable 2FA in the account settings
- Enable IP verification in the account settings
- Use a strong password
- Change the password regularly
- Never share your password with others
- Never allow remote access to your devices
- If you require assistance, use only the official channels
- Download software only from verified sources
SCP Wallet is now signed with JSKitty’s public PGP key. This allows users to verify that the wallet has been cryptographically signed and approved by him. Even if our GitHub is compromised, the downloads are still safe as long as the PGP verification confirms that the files have not been tampered with. If you download SCP, please verify the binary against our developer’s public key: