StakeCube in Numbers
We have had a week of mostly sideways action after the crash that took Bitcoin down to around $42,000 last Saturday. Still no clear signs of recovery, but some coins seem to be less affected. Ethereum for instance seems to be doing well, sitting right at the $4,000 support. This is only 17% lower than the all time high, compared to more than 30% for Bitcoin. As for other platform coins, most of them fell down a cliff, with the exception of Binance coin that managed to only fall 8%. StakeCube is showing great resilience in the face of this Crypto depression. While most indicators are in the red this week, both StakeCube Coin and our total pool value have barely fallen in Bitcoin terms. As expected, mining profitability also suffered from the general market crash.
All this market pessimism seems to be stemming from fears of central banks finally withdrawing liquidity in an attempt to control the rising inflation. However, Bitcoin continues to be a solid inflation hedge thanks to its tight and algorithmically controlled coin issuance. If efforts to control inflation fail or never actually manifest, we could have a new bull market for Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general.
- User Count: 129,638 +0.52%
- Pool Value: 562.03 BTC -2.34%
- Daily BTC Mined: 0.063 BTC -10.00%
- SCC Price: $0.86 -15.69%
- SCC Market Cap: $8,589,000 -15.76%
- Daily Exchange Volume $96,961 -10.70%
- Alexa Rank 19,045 +327
This week we don’t have the top 5 gainers because all listed coins ended the week with loses.
StakeCube will be hosting an AMA with MetaBrands DAO member Hans Koning this Sunday at 10 AM eastern time (3PM UTC). At the end of the event, we will give a prize of 50 BUSD each to 5 people selected from the audience. The prizes will be for those of you coming up with the best questions. So put your creative hats on and join us on our Telegram server!
You can also follow Hans on Twitter:
Preparations continue for the Rocket League tournament of the 18th of December. With all players invited and casters ready, we are eager to bring you this great event as our Christmas present. For this, we are preparing a series of giveaways and airdrops for tournament viewers. We will explain how to be eligible during the stream. For the moment, make sure to follow us on Twitch to get a notification when we go live:
The following sponsors contributed to make this event possible:
- MetaBrands: https://twitter.com/metabrandsio
- Pivx: https://twitter.com/_pivx
- Meatec: https://twitter.com/meatecm
- Moments: https://twitter.com/momentsmarket
- Graphene: https://twitter.com/getgraphene
Axie Infinity Tournament
Tomorrow we will hold a new closed tournament with some players from our partner Prime Academy. This should be the final test, with a larger tournament open to the whole Prime Academy coming later this month.
This is the season of good wishes and gifts, and we are eager to deliver on both fronts by organizing as many free tournaments as we can!
Server Infrastructure Improvements
At StakeCube we are constantly looking for ways to improve our internal processes that often go overlooked by our users because they happen behind the scenes. These are some of the things we are working on at the moment:
- New systems to create, install and manage bootstraps for wallets in an automatic way.
- Different file transfer methods to reduce the risk of potential bottlenecks in the future with the NodeCube/Earn system.
- Other small improvements to our internal tools.
The number of support tickets has dropped significantly over the last week, with login issues remaining the most common reason to open one. More than half of these cases are caused by 2FA apps falling out of sync. If you try to login and the system blocks you, make sure to perform a re-sync of your 2FA app.
Ghost Staking Enabled
With assistance from their team, we have now enabled pooled staking for GHOST. As with all other staking coins, the staking is fully automatic after deposit. We expect rewards to start in the next few days.
LUX will be in maintenance at least for one more day as the wallet had to be resynced.
Mining seems to be stabilizing, with fewer disruptions on the side of our partner. There was a minor downtime of a few hours on Monday, but it doesn’t seem to have affected rewards significantly. Mining returns continue far from peak levels due to the general fall in prices.
These are some statistics for MineCube as of today:
- 460 users with at least 100% recovered
- 173 average workers per user
- Highest recovery rate: 131.51%
- $2.23 million worth of workers sold
And these are some statistics relevant to the mining of Bitcoin:
- Hashpower: 180.5m TH/s +17.92%
- Difficulty: 22.336t -0.72%
- Bitcoin Price: $47,676 -10.9%
- StakeCube Hashpower: 1,582.0 TH/s
BotCube has gone through a second phase of major upgrades, bringing full StakeCube Protocol (SCP) token integrations, specifically for SCP-1 and SCP-2 tokens. The upgrades have also brought full functionality for all tokens, and an innovative self-listing ability for token developers.
A rundown of all the new features:
- Full SCP-1 and SCP-2 Integration: BotCube supports any and all SCP tokens, with the full feature set that regular native coins would usually have. This integration includes a special characteristic: Self-Listings. Self-Listings can be done by anybody at anytime without the need for special permissions or listing fees. All SCP tokens are given completely free listing with instant access to the BotCube ecosystem of 50+ Discord servers and 17,000+ users. If you’re a token developer on SCP, use the command !scp list and get your token listed for free!
- SCP-2 Staking Pools: All listed SCP-2 tokens will be equipped with a free and instant staking pool, distributing stakes to users in proportion to their balance contribution to the pool. BotCube will auto-claim stakes and distribute them at regular intervals, with SCP-2 deposits triggering additional early stake distribution. Stake $MMT on BotCube and enjoy the compounded gains!
- Trivia Rules Re-Design: BotCube Trivia games have undergone a re-design in order to make them more fun and fast-paced, and to more severely penalize cheaters. These are the specific changes:
- Users may now attempt to answer multiple times without being blocked after getting a wrong answer.
- Copy-Pasting is now impossible on both the description/question and the answers of the trivia.
- When copy-pasting is detected, the user will be blocked for the current round and will have to pay a static fine of 0.01 coins which will increase the reward pot for the winner.
- Correct answers receive a ‘tick’ emoji reaction and incorrect (or blocked) answers an ‘x’ emoji.
- Other Miscellaneous Changes:
- The !bals command will now display only coins that you have a positive balance from, and it will always display your “default” preferred coin regardless of balance.
- A new !showtrivia command that allows users to check for existing trivias that may have been lost in the chat.
- The !help menu has been updated with all new commands, with added details for old and improved ones.
- Trivia html/unicode decoding has been fixed to avoid occasional strange HTML fragments in descriptions and/or answers.
- Additional small improvements that we don’t have the space to list.
There are also plans to make trivias a per-server system, to allow every Discord server to play their own trivia games without them disappearing due to another server winning the game before them.
The SCP Wallet has some new API and security improvements that allow services like exchanges and wallets to harden their client to accept specific connections and reject unauthorized ones. This is essentially a built-in firewalling system, alongside a new cache system that speeds up node synchronization and the IO API endpoints.
- New Config setting allowedips: This is a list of IPs that are allowed access to the API. It can also be set to allow connections from any IP or be removed from the config entirely, which will use the default “localhost-only” mode for a secure-by-default implementation.
- New Raw-TX cache system: SCP full-nodes now cache the last 10,000 raw transactions that were scanned in sync or requested by API. This cache system improves the speed of subsequent requests and reduces the load for the SCC Core RPC.
Both of these improvements are already being utilized by BotCube to harden and scale the system.
NFTs on the Marketplace have a new system of likes and dislikes that should help to determine their quality and likeability. When selecting or viewing an NFT you will see the number of views they have, as well as how many likes and dislikes. You will also be able to like or dislike them if you haven’t done so yet.
Wallet Maintenance News
Previous version: 0.16.1.1
New version: 0.16.2.1
Please read the following information regarding the security of your account and funds:
The StakeCube.net team will:
- Never contact you first
- Never ask you to send them or move coins to some other address
- Never ask you for remote access or to install any third party software
- Never ask you for your password or 2FA codes
- Never provide support using direct messages
If you observe any of these listed behaviors, someone is trying to steal money from you. This applies to all of our social media channels. Our team will post official messages in the appropriate channels, and we only offer support through our ticket system on Discord.
Please, also take into account the following measures to keep your account secure:
- Enable 2FA in the account settings
- Enable IP verification in the account settings
- Use a strong password
- Change the password regularly
- Never share your password with others
- Never allow remote access to your devices
- If you require assistance, use only the official channels
- Download software only from verified sources
SCP Wallet is now signed with JSKitty’s public PGP key. This allows users to verify that the wallet has been cryptographically signed and approved by him. Even if our GitHub is compromised, the downloads are still safe as long as the PGP verification confirms that the files have not been tampered with. If you download SCP, please verify the binary against our developer’s public key: