StakeCube in Numbers
The main story this week has been the GBTC unlocks, which has caused the Crypto market to remain somewhat pessimistic. Grayscale is releasing Bitcoin in excess of 40,000 that had been locked for a six month period. This has caused the expectation that when these coins hit the market there will be added downward pressure on prices. As usual, StakeCube has followed the market, with SCC losing some value. On a more positive note, the recent Dash deposits have helped us achieve a new record for Dash held on StakeCube. We have now 13 running shared masternodes, with 1 more collecting at the moment. Remember that with interest and masternode rewards combined you can earn approximately 11% annual interest on your Dash or up to 16% with the full SCC bonus.
- User Count: 103,892 +0.80%
- Pool Value: 577.4 BTC -2.94%
- Daily BTC Mined: 0.132 BTC -19.02%
- SCC Price: $0.76 -11.63%
- SCC Market Cap: $6,894,000 -11.67%
- Alexa Rank 17,124 -1534
Our efforts to integrate with other platforms have granted us another cooperation. Koinly informed us that they have added us to the list of future integrations. Koinly is a platform that helps people calculate their taxes, supporting more than 20 countries. This is their website:
While they perform the integration, we are working with them to at least be able to support the CSV files we produce as soon as possible.
Remember that new integrations and partnerships is a front where the community plays an essential role. Feel free to reach out to any platforms you want us to cooperate with, or open a support ticket to inform us of any integration you think could be interesting to pursue.
Next Steps for SCP
We continue to work on SCP and SCC to improve their capabilities and help with the onboarding of new projects. This is a list of the main focus points for SCP in the next few weeks:
- Marketing. We are at the moment in the process of producing marketing material and strategies to help us explain the advantages of using SCP and reach interested projects.
- API Adjustments. These should help make integrations easier, as well as the process of expanding and maintaining them.
- InstantSend for Tokens. SCC inherited InstantSend capabilities from the Dash codebase. Now we want to extend these to SCP tokens as well.
- More SCPscan Functions. To improve its usability, we want to add more functions to our SCP explorer: https://scpscan.net/
- New Protocol Standard SCP-3. A new standard SCP-3 is now in planning phase. We will release more information about it in the near future.
We will also help onboard with SCP any projects that reach us in the following weeks.
As for SCC, we will work to backport the Dash v.0.17 stable release. New listings should also be easier to achieve now, thanks to our recently released Litepaper:
Ethereum London Update
The Ethereum London update details are now public, with the go live block height set at 12,965,000. StakeCube will be supporting this upgrade.
This is a much anticipated update, as it includes the EIP-1559. This EIP (Ethereum Improvement Proposal) includes a coin burn mechanism that should contribute to limit the supply. Read more about it here:
Rocket League Tournament
As we announced some weeks ago, StakeCube is organizing a Rocket League tournament this Saturday. Now thanks to Phore.io and ZENZO sponsoring the event, we have been able to increase the prize pool even further. If you want to join, you still have a few hours to put a team together. Just head over to our E-Sports Discord server and talk to our staff there:
Good luck to all players and may the best team win!
New Security Notice
Because of the continued action of scammers and impersonators trying to steal money from our users, we have decided to add a security notice at the end of every Newsletter. Please read it carefully and always keep in mind the information contained in it.
Delisted NodeCube Coins
We are going to remove all previously delisted coins from NodeCube Cold. For running nodes, this will happen at the end of the current payment period. Most of these coins have no active development team, and masternode maintenance takes valuable time from our staff.
We have developed a suite of new tools for our support agents, in order to reduce the waiting time necessary to resolve cases. We are already observing a very significant decrease in the number of open tickets.
A huge share of the remaining support cases are still related to deposits or withdrawals done to the wrong address or using the wrong network. Remember to always verify all relevant factors before transferring funds. In particular, check that the network is supported, that the wallet is online and that address and amount are correct.
We would also like to remind our users to follow our official announcements and those of the coins they are invested in. Failing to do so might result in missing a swap or a delist, with loss of funds as a result.
TRBO to MMT Swap Ended
The swap window for TRBO to MMT has been reached. We swapped all remaining TRBO coins deposited between the 1st and 15th of July, but we will not swap any new deposits of TRBO.
Referral Changes Not Supported
Some users have been asking to change the referral of their accounts to move to a different team. We have decided not to support these changes via support ticket so that our development team can focus on their main tasks.
StakeCube Protocol News
Work on the SCP wallet continues, with the following list of changes this week:
- New config system. We have added a new config system that allows SCP full node operators to design in detail how their node runs. They can also customize their SCP wallet to run in environments with strict port and file restrictions.
- DB Revamp. The DB now has smarter config parsing, real-time troubleshooting of config errors and a largely refactored code.
- Headless SCP Wallet Experience Improved. Logging is now more concise and descriptive. The wallet will guide the operator to set up a full node, fix errors, and warn on unusual configs and settings. The idea is to improve the usefulness of the logs.
- REST API overhaul. We have implemented a new four-route system to provide a more logical endpoint layout. Backwards compatibility remains for v1.1.5, but will be removed in v1.1.6. This is mandatory, and important to note for services that have integrated with SCP wallet v1.1.4 or below. Please use the latest API documentation before prior APIs are deprecated!
At the moment we are working to produce a vast amount of SCP and SCP wallet client documentation. We want it to help developers and projects build on SCP. If you’re interested, just keep an eye on our GitHub.
We have converted our official Github from private account to organization account. An organization account allows for much better security and permission management.
Additionally we added a branch protection rule for the StakeCubeCoin repository. With this rule in place, at least one person will have to review the code before it can be updated.
We have released an initial SCP documentation, including the following:
- Release notes for v1.1.3 and v1.1.4
- Protocol descriptions for SCP-1 and SCP-2
- Installation guides in English and German
- Dependency list
- Contribution guidelines
- API endpoint description
You can find it temporarily in the docs branch of our GitHub until it is merged into the main source code:
Wallet Maintenance News
We will set the Priv wallet back online following the v18.104.22.168 update, which will include a coin swap. For more information, please consult the official communications from the PRiVCY team.
We updated the following wallets:
Previous version: 22.214.171.124
New version: 126.96.36.199
Mandatory update. This update required masternode restarts.
Previous version: 188.8.131.52
New version: 184.108.40.206
This update did not require masternode restarts.
Previous version: 220.127.116.11
New version: 18.104.22.168
This update did not require masternode restarts.
Please read the following information regarding the security of your account and funds:
The StakeCube.net team will:
- Never contact you first
- Never ask you to send them or move coins to some other address
- Never ask you for remote access or to install any third party software
- Never ask you for your password or 2FA codes
- Never provide support using direct messages
If you observe any of these listed behaviors, someone is trying to steal money from you. This applies to all of our social media channels. Our team will post official messages in the appropriate channels, and we only offer support through our ticket system on Discord.
Please, also take into account the following measures to keep your account secure:
- Enable 2FA in the account settings
- Enable IP verification in the account settings
- Use a strong password
- Change the password regularly
- Never share your password with others
- Never allow remote access to your devices
- If you require assistance, use only the official channels
- Download software only from verified sources
SCP Wallet is now signed with JSKitty’s public PGP key. This allows users to verify that the wallet has been cryptographically signed and approved by him. Even if our GitHub is compromised, the downloads are still safe as long as the PGP verification confirms that the files have not been tampered with. If you download SCP, please verify the binary against our developer’s public key: