The week started with a lot of expectation regarding the Federal Reserve’s decision on when to start increasing interest rates. The official speech took place on Wednesday, and markets reacted to it with hesitation. Finally towards the end of the week it seems that some sort of recovery is taking place. We will see how far it takes us. It seems that we are still correlated with the stock market, but the Crypto market is recovering faster. Could be because of some good news we got this week. In Turkey, a country experiencing very high inflation, the president has asked his party to look into opportunities with the Metaverse. In Russia, both the finance ministry and the president have announced they favor regulating the Crypto markets rather than banning them as the central bank was recommending. As for StakeCube, this week we suffered the effect from a few people cashing out their holdings probably influenced by the market situation. At least this was positive for the exchange, that saw a substantial increase in volume.
StakeCube in Numbers
- User Count: 134,624 +0.46%
- Pool Value: 550.21 BTC -6.19%
- Daily BTC Mined: 0.035 BTC -25.53%
- SCC Price: $0.54 -12.90%
- SCC Market Cap: $5,593,000 -11.25%
- Daily Exchange Volume $86,962 +22.79%
- Alexa Rank 18,501 -1,692
Most coins had pretty bad performance this week, but the return of optimism today has made the prices of some end up in the green. Interestingly enough, both Bitcoin and Bitcoin 2 had the same growth this week at 6%.
These were the top 5 gainers for this week:
Top 5 Gainers
- BIR +6.5%
- BTC2 +6.0%
- BTC +6.0%
- FLS +5.4%
- MANA +4.5%
Crypto Tonight Podcast
This Wednesday and 10 PM eastern time, Derek will be talking about StakeCube on the Crypto Tonight podcast. Make sure you don’t miss it! Here’s a link to the Youtube channel:
Also, for those of you that didn’t read last week’s newsletter, Derek went to the Comfycast Crypto podcast for an AMA on StakeCube. Apart from all the questions related to StakeCube, there was also an interesting discussion covering many different Crypto-related topics. You can listen to it here:
SCP Ecosystem Community
Soon after the release of SCP, we created a small Discord server mainly for testing purposes. We named it “SCP Lounge”. Now we want this server to be used by the whole community, and for this purpose we have restructured it entirely. These are some of the most awesome changes we have implemented:
- An Interactive “welcome screen” for all new users to find their own personalized spot in our community.
- A renewed category system: “The Lounge” for the community, “The Workshop” for developers, and “The Lab” for testers.
- A vast amount of interactive user guides such as “Getting Started”, “Security Practices”, etc.
- Dedicated trading channels for NFTs, tokens, LP farmers, DeFi junkies and degens alike.
Interested to learn more about StakeCube Protocol? Join our community and say hello!
The 3rd Graphene Airdrop corresponding to the snapshot date of the 9th of May has been claimed and distributed on the 22nd of January. Users that were holding Phore at that time have received it already. This was the transaction we used to claim the tokens:
The 4th to 6th Graphene airdrops have been postponed by the Phore team for the moment. They want to solve a few issues that were resulting in wrong amounts of tokens being airdropped. You can read more about it here:
How to Backup json files on SCP Wallet
We’ve had some users lose access to their SCP wallet due to different issues with their computers. To avoid this, make sure you backup your SCP wallet. If you don’t know how to do it, it is very simple:
Click on the top right gear in the SCP wallet. On the menu that pops up, click on “wallet”, then click on “export wallet”. A pop up will then appear with your backup. Make sure you save those files in a safe place were they won’t be lost.
New Language Channels
As we announced, we are closing the regional chats on Discord, and we invite our community to open new ones either on Discord or Telegram. The first such server has already been created by the German community. If you are a German speaker, you might want to check it out:
A big thanks to our user Tii, who took the time to create the server.
SCC X11 Algorithm Ranking
SCC remains the top 3 coin mined with the X11 algorithm. You can check the full ranking here:
Articles Discord Section
We have a new Discord channel called #articles. We want to invite all of you to write articles about StakeCube and publish them there. This way all of the community can read them and help give them social media engagement. You can also put your referral link in them and get some extra affiliates!
This week for example our support agent Chetz wrote this introduction to StakeCube:
Now it’s your turn!
Tomorrow will be this year’s first Rocket League tournament! This time we have had an unprecedented number of sign ups for the tournament. We are really happy that so many gamers joined this time, and we want to express our support to all participants.
Come watch it on Twitch at 17:30 CET:
But that’s not all, we have more news for you! On the 9th and 10th of February, our first Apex Legends tournament will take place. One of our favorite characters in the game is Crypto! Wonder why, right? haha 😄. You’re welcome to sign up your team for this amazing battle of 40 teams here:
The recent price crashes and difficulty increases continue to diminish mining returns across all coins. However, prices can’t continue to fall forever without making some of the miners unprofitable. This will in turn cause the hashpower to fall, reducing difficulty. We could be seeing the beginning of this already, as the hashpower fell by more than 5% this week. However, this could also be due to other reasons, as there were news that Kazakhstan has cut off power supply to cryptocurrency miners this week.
These are some statistics for MineCube as of today:
- 519 users with at least 100% recovered
- 171 average workers per user
- Highest recovery rate: 136.06%
- $2.27 million worth of workers sold
These are some statistics relevant to the mining of Bitcoin:
- Hashpower: 188.08m TH/s -5.42%
- Difficulty: 26.28t +7.84%
- Bitcoin Price: $37,367 -0.37%
- StakeCube Hashpower: 1,560.0 TH/s +0.06%
And these are the current number of miners for each coin (including damaged):
- BTC: 354
- Dash: 110
- ETH: 18
- LTC: 11
StakeCube Version 3 Overview
As promised, here’s a general overview of the features Version 3 will bring. StakeCube Version 3 is structured around three main areas that also constitute our slogan: earn, trade, build. “Earn” consists of all the different options StakeCube users have to generate yield from their holdings. These include all of the already existing ones, but also some new ones. “Trade” is referred to the exchange, the NFT marketplace, and the Swap feature. Every place where you can exchange one crypto-asset for a different one. “Build” is everything we do to make it easier to integrate with StakeCube and StakeCube Protocol. Find below a more or less comprehensive list of features and changes:
- General Features.
- Fully Redesigned Frontends. We have involved expert UX and graphic designers to emphasize ease-of use and to provide StakeCube with a crisp and eye-catching new look.
- Fully Redesigned Backends. The backend for Version 3 of StakeCube is completely new, developed from scratch using all the newest tech to provide the best possible performance. It uses a multiple layer architecture, fully API based, extremely scalable and with big numbers implementation.
- Fully Redesigned Wallet Interactions. Every interaction of the platform with the wallets has been reworked to enhance security and make them faster and more robust. These include this such as the scanning of transactions, wallet accounting or masternode status.
- Faster Asset Listing. Listing new coins and tokens used to be problematic, as many different independent tasks had to be performed and the processes were time-consuming. We have now introduced new internal systems that allow for the quick and seamless listing of new projects. We will put them to good use, focusing on high market capitalization projects and EVM sidechains at first.
- Multi-Network Compatible Assets. The new StakeCube will be able to handle different networks for tokens present on more than one blockchain. This will allow users to select their preferred network when withdrawing, and deposits will all be reflected on the same consolidated balance regardless of the depositing network.
- Proof of Stake Farms. For coins that generate only staking, reward distribution without fees.
- Masternode Farms. For coins that have staking and masternodes, reward distribution without fees. This eliminates the need to join share nodes to earn rewards.
- Dedicated Masternodes. This is the former “NodeCube”. Will be available for all masternode-capable assets.
- Interest Farms. For coins that generate interest on StakeCube. At the moment these are Dogecoin, Bitcoin, Dash, Litecoin and StakeCubeCoin.
- Mining Farms. This is the former MineCube. Every year a new mining farm will be open with new mining machines assigned to it. StakeCube will sell only workers from the open mining farm, while the others will be able to be traded on a secondary market.
- DeFi Farms. Thanks to the many token listings we’re looking into, new possibilities for earning DeFi returns for StakeCube users become possible.
- Auto-Reinvest and Auto-Sell. This feature has often been requested by our users. It will now be available for all the relevant coins.
- New Trading Engine. The trading engine of our new exchange can handle more than 200 million transactions per second. Thanks to it we will be able to bring to StakeCube as many traders as we want without performance issues.
- Robust Interfaces and API. The exchange interfaces have been redesigned to avoid possible errors (with websockets, etc.). The API is fully compatible with the previous version of StakeCube, which means developers will have an easy time transitioning to the new one.
- Increased Liquidity and Trading Bots. Automatic trading provides many opportunities to develop different strategies. StakeCube users will now have the tools to take advantage of them.
- Market-Maker Accounts.
- New Quick-Swap Page/Function
- Documentation. Lots of new Documents and guides so that integrators have everything they need to develop anything they want with StakeCube.
- Building Areas. Places where developers interested in creating something new with StakeCube can meet and ask for guidance.
- More Detailed Analytics Dashboard. StakeCube Version 3 features a very complete dashboard to consult all sorts of statistics related to your operation on our platform. Not just balance display, but all the data you need to keep track of your performance, such as ROI, aggregated earnings, deposits, withdrawals, etc.
- On-Site Support Platform. We have developed a new support system that will be fully integrated with StakeCube, including complete FAQs to answer the most common queries.
- Event System. This makes possible things such as trading competitions, earning competitions, giveaways, airdrops, etc.
- New SCC Bonus System. The new bonus system for SCC will provide a few additional advantages, as well as interactions with SCP integrations.
- Customizable User Settings. We want to provide the possibility to personalize your StakeCube experience to your liking.
- Redesigned NFT Marketplace. The NFT Marketplace has been adapted to the new website, and we will continue to improve it moving forward.
- Minor Functions: Users will have a few new useful tools such as convert dust, semi-automated account recovery, address-books, device whitelisting, multiple SMTP provider, custom captcha, and many others.
- All current features: Everything that the previous StakeCube had will still be there, like the referral system, the API key system, etc. These have also been improved from both the backend and the frontend perspective.
As we mentioned last week, we have begun a thorough review of the #feature-request channel. Many of you have published very interesting ideas there that can make StakeCube even better. These three were among the most requested features we found this week:
- Internal messaging/ live-chat
- 2FA Backup/Disable from user dashboard
- Trading bots and liquidity
Of these, Disabling 2FA will already be possible in Version 3. As for the others, we will review them and see in what form we can implement them.
Wallet Maintenance News
Previous version: 220.127.116.11
New version: 18.104.22.168
This update was mandatory, to prepare for the upcoming swap. HCC will be swapping at some point in the next few weeks. Once we know all the details regarding this swap, we will make them public.
Please read the following information regarding the security of your account and funds:
The StakeCube.net team will:
- Never contact you first
- Never ask you to send them or move coins to some other address
- Never ask you for remote access or to install any third party software
- Never ask you for your password or 2FA codes
- Never provide support using direct messages
If you observe any of these listed behaviors, someone is trying to steal money from you. This applies to all of our social media channels. Our team will post official messages in the appropriate channels, and we only offer support through our ticket system on Discord.
Please, also take into account the following measures to keep your account secure:
- Enable 2FA in the account settings
- Enable IP verification in the account settings
- Use a strong password
- Change the password regularly
- Never share your password with others
- Never allow remote access to your devices
- If you require assistance, use only the official channels
- Download software only from verified sources
SCP Wallet is now signed with JSKitty’s public PGP key. This allows users to verify that the wallet has been cryptographically signed and approved by him. Even if our GitHub is compromised, the downloads are still safe as long as the PGP verification confirms that the files have not been tampered with. If you download SCP, please verify the binary against our developer’s public key: