Crypto Markets Update
The week began with price gains for the Crypto markets, following the publication of lower than expected inflation data for the US. Unfortunately all of these gains were erased towards the end of the week, as more and more questions have been arising in social media surrounding the “proof of reserves” published by Binance recently. As it seems, the company that audited their accounts, simply followed the instructions from Binance on what to measure, and therefore their results cannot be interpreted as evidence of solvency. At the same time, that does not mean that Binance is in financial trouble, it simply means that we do not really know how solvent they are.
Another factor that could have contributed to the price losses this week was the speech given by Fed Chair Powell, which forced markets to abandon the hope of a Fed pivot after inflation turned out to be lower than expected. It seems like the Fed is still bent on the idea of bringing back inflation to regular levels whatever the cost. However, as we have said in the past, the longer they persist in this idea, the worse economic situation the United States will face. It is likely that eventually they will have to abandon their policy of interest rate raises and monetary contraction. Other than that, the situation has not changed at all. Bitcoin still has a capped supply, while the dollar has not. As adoption continues to grow, price moves should eventually resume their long-term upward trend.
StakeCube in Numbers
Our deposits lost quite a bit of value this week, following the general losses in the Crypto markets. SCC continued its recent price correction, but without very drastic price action.
- User Count: 153,148 +0.15%
- Pool Value: 559.26 BTC -5.75%
- SCC Price: $0.104 -10.34%
- SCC Market Cap: $1,247,000 -9.44%
- Daily Exchange Volume $11,017 -18.45%
- Daily SCP Transactions: (not available) 16 +0.00%
Top 5 Gainers
Only two listed coins managed to finish the week in the green, as most cryptocurrencies followed Bitcoin in its most recent crash.
- DGB +9.1
- PNY +0.6
This week we opened a new official Twitter account for CoinExplorer. Follow it for the latest CoinExplorer news, such as new coin listings! Find it here:
We also listed a new coin: NodeStats. This happened after the NodeStats team reached out to us for a listing. If you represent a Crypto project, feel free to reach out to us through a support ticket to get your coin listed as well. The coin explorer is now live and can be accessed through the CoinExplorer website:
The third episode of Derek’s podcast Verify Crypto came out this week! In this edition you will learn about Hive; a project that is focused on Web3, Delegated Proof of Stake, NFTs, dApps, Decentralized Internet, and an interesting concept called Proof of Brain. Do not miss it! Listen to it on Youtube or Spotify here:
StakeCube Merch Shop
New this week in our StakeCube Merch Shop: StakeCube eSports and StakeCube Coin travel mugs!
StakeCube ESports White 15oz Stainless Steel Travel Mug:
Buy it here:
StakeCube Coin (SCC) White 15oz Stainless Steel:
Buy it here:
StakeCube ETH Staking
This week our users added a significant amount of ETH to our staking service, reaching 120 ETH staking in total! So far we have generated 0.34 ETH for our users, corresponding to close to 5% APR.
If you haven’t added your ETH to our staking service yet, you can find it after selecting ETH on the wallets page:
And clicking on the corresponding tab from the top.
MariaCoin Poker Event
Christmas is just around the corner and the MariaCoin team has prepared something special for all of you. Get ready for Maria Christmas Poker Tournament! The event has a sizable prize pool, to which StakeCube has contributed 4 full masternodes (4,000 SCC).
The tournament will take place on the 17th of December at 18:00. To participate, simply register here:
This is the full prize pool:
- 1st Place: 1 Million $Maria + 2 $SCC Masternodes* (2000 $SCC) + 1 DOGEC Masternode (15,000 DOGEC) + 100k $SCT
- 2nd Place: 200k $Maria+ 1 $SCC Masternode* (1000 $SCC) + 7500 DOGEC + 25k $SCT
- 3rd Place: 100k $Maria + 250 $SCC + 2000 DOGEC + 25k $SCT
- 4th Place: 30k $Maria + 250 $SCC + 1500 DOGEC
- 5th Place: 30k $Maria + 250 $SCC + 1000 DOGEC
- 6th – 10th Places: 20k $Maria + 250 $SCC + 1000 DOGEC (each)
Wallet Maintenance News
For the moment, we are waiting for a new FLS wallet version to be released. We will update it as soon as it is available.
This week we updated the following wallets:
Previous version: 126.96.36.199
New version: 188.8.131.52
This was a mandatory update. This update is considered mandatory due to consensus-breaking changes that users would need to update as soon as possible. There are no enforcement heights, but activation will occur after New Years. Meaning everyone can update at their leisure over the Holidays, but to prevent forking, please update by January 3rd 2023.
The update includes:
- New rewards schedule, with halving every 500k blocks for staker/mn
- GUI Color fixes
- fetch-params.sh corruption fixes
- Additional seednodes
- New Seed node setup Docs
- Masternode setup docs
Previous version: 184.108.40.206
New version: 220.127.116.11
Mainnet blockchain kick start to fix missing block found at 4 year halving block height 2102400.
ETH Execution Client
Previous version: 1.10.23
New version: 1.10.26
Previous version: 1.1.16
New version: 1.1.18
Please read the following information regarding the security of your account and funds:
The StakeCube.net team will:
- Never contact you first
- Never ask you to send them or move coins to some other address
- Never ask you for remote access or to install any third party software
- Never ask you for your password or 2FA codes
- Never provide support using direct messages
If you observe any of these listed behaviors, someone is trying to steal money from you. This applies to all of our social media channels. Our team will post official messages in the appropriate channels, and we only offer support through our ticket system on our support email:
Please, also take into account the following measures to keep your account secure:
- Enable 2FA in the account settings
- Enable IP verification in the account settings
- Use a strong password
- Change the password regularly
- Never share your password with others
- Never allow remote access to your devices
- If you require assistance, use only the official channels
- Download software only from verified sources
SCP Wallet is now signed with JSKitty’s public PGP key. This allows users to verify that the wallet has been cryptographically signed and approved by him. Even if our GitHub is compromised, the downloads are still safe as long as the PGP verification confirms that the files have not been tampered with. If you download SCP, please verify the binary against our developer’s public key:
Social Media and Other Important Links:
- Discord: https://discord.gg/RTJKjdwEsY
- Telegram: https://t.me/Stakecube
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/964396784312480
- Facebook Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/StakeCubeEcosystem
- Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/stakecube
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/stakecube/
- SCPScan: https://scpscan.net/
- SCC Explorer: http://18.104.22.168/