StakeCube in Numbers
A pretty uneventful week in all respects, with Bitcoin still flirting with the $30,000 level. However, most altcoins have lost a significant amount of value, signaling that the bear market still continues. Chainlink could be the main exception to this in the top 50, gaining more than 15% this week. This is probably due to their recent announcement that Chainlink staking will be possible very soon. Once active, we could consider listing them them and giving access to LINK staking on StakeCube Version 3. Meanwhile the Crypto Fear & Greed Index continues to reflect extreme fear, as no recovery has taken place yet.
On StakeCube we had a particularly high number of new users joining the platform this week, almost reaching 600. Most other values didn’t experience much variation, with SCC price pretty stable around $.25 and slightly below 900 Satoshi.
- User Count: 143,450 +0.39%
- Pool Value: 535.60 BTC +0.72%
- Daily BTC Mined: 0.0046 BTC +4.54%
- SCC Price: $0.25 -3.85%
- SCC Market Cap: $2,666,000 -5.66%
- Daily Exchange Volume $50,150 -14.50%
- Daily SCP Transactions: 17 -29.17%
This week was particularly good for Decenomy coins, with 3 of them present in the top 5 performers among listed coins. These were DASHD, PNY and SAPP.
Top 5 Gainers
- DASHD +20.8%
- PNY +20.1%
- VSX +17.1%
- PIRATE +16.1%
- SAPP +15.5%
The MineCube poll is at the moment undergoing the last review and should go out this weekend if no further modifications are needed. It will be sent to all MineCube worker holders, to the email address they used to register their account on StakeCube.
Collecting Shared Masternodes
Please remember that slots in shared masternodes that have their status as “collecting” do not generate masternode rewards. Shared masternodes only start generating masternode rewards after the status is “running”. Meanwhile, if the masternode is of a coin that also has staking, coins in masternode shares will generate staking during the collecting period.
Assets that generate staking rewards while the masternode is collecting:
Assets that do not generate any rewards while the masternode is collecting:
There is a special case for DASH, that although it does not generate staking, it does produce daily interest rewards. Coins in masternode shares still earn interest rewards both for masternodes that are collecting and masternodes that are running.
DASH Shared Masternode Success
This week has seen a very rapid expansion of our DASH holdings, as we filled the 19th and 20th shared masternodes, and started collecting for the 21st. This is the fastest we have ever filled DASH masternodes, with the average over the last 2 years being 40 days between a masternode starts collecting and when it is activated. See here a chart reflecting the number of days between the filling of one masternode and the next:
As you can see, the last few masternodes have been filled much faster than usual, and the 21st masternode is now more than half-way full. With this, our DASH holdings have reached more than $1,000,000 in value.
These are this week’s selected features from the #feature-request channel on Discord:
- Add “total” field in balance breakdown / Wallets overview (Sum of: Available + Locked in Masternodes + In open orders)
- Re-enable Quick Buy / swap function
- Possibility to remove your affiliates from your team (particularly important for dead accounts)
As usual, we will review these requests and see which ones we can implement on StakeCube Version 3. Nevertheless, keep in mind that the Swap function is still active and can be found on https://stakecube.info/
Wallet Maintenance News
We updated the following wallets:
Previous version: 0.11.5.13
New version: 0.11.6.1
Previous version: 188.8.131.52
New version: 184.108.40.206
Please read the following information regarding the security of your account and funds:
The StakeCube.net team will:
- Never contact you first
- Never ask you to send them or move coins to some other address
- Never ask you for remote access or to install any third party software
- Never ask you for your password or 2FA codes
- Never provide support using direct messages
If you observe any of these listed behaviors, someone is trying to steal money from you. This applies to all of our social media channels. Our team will post official messages in the appropriate channels, and we only offer support through our ticket system on Discord.
Please, also take into account the following measures to keep your account secure:
- Enable 2FA in the account settings
- Enable IP verification in the account settings
- Use a strong password
- Change the password regularly
- Never share your password with others
- Never allow remote access to your devices
- If you require assistance, use only the official channels
- Download software only from verified sources
SCP Wallet is now signed with JSKitty’s public PGP key. This allows users to verify that the wallet has been cryptographically signed and approved by him. Even if our GitHub is compromised, the downloads are still safe as long as the PGP verification confirms that the files have not been tampered with. If you download SCP, please verify the binary against our developer’s public key:
Social Media and Other Important Links:
- Discord: https://discord.gg/RTJKjdwEsY
- Telegram: https://t.me/Stakecube
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/964396784312480
- Facebook Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/StakeCubeEcosystem
- Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/stakecube
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/stakecube/
- SCPScan: https://scpscan.net/