StakeCube in Numbers
Although last week we finally saw the first signs of recovery for the Crypto markets, price action has been far from spectacular since then. The beginning of the week brought a new correction that took Bitcoin again under the $20,000 level, only to come back to around $21,000 today. Seems like it is going to take a while for prices to return to 2021 levels, and in the meantime we might get a lot of sideways action. Nevertheless the general situation doesn’t seem so grim anymore. The bear market has brought the collapse of several large Crypto platforms that either acted irresponsibly or were just scams. Now that this is in the past, it is time for quality projects to shine again. The Crypto Fear & Greed Index continues stubbornly in the “extreme fear” value range, but as the saying goes: “The night is darkest just before the dawn”. This could be the turning point.
As for StakeCube, this week was excellent, with all of our indicators well in the green. Our Pool Value increased very substantially thanks to a few large deposits and the significant increase in SCC price. Exchange volume also spiked today thanks to the SAPP/BTC pair, that is getting a very unusual amount of trading.
- User Count: 145,316 +0.22%
- Pool Value: 609.03 BTC +11.37%
- SCC Price: $0.202 +7.45%
- SCC Market Cap: $2,189,000 +7.67%
- Daily Exchange Volume $41,465 +69.13%
- Daily SCP Transactions: 24 +26.32%
Top 5 Gainers
This week’s top performer was FIRO with a mind-boggling growth of 310.3%, multiplying its value by 4. This comes after the announcement of a new upcoming privacy feature for FIRO called Lelantus Spark. You can read more about it here:
SCC also made it into the top 5, following our poll regarding the implementation of a profit sharing system for SCC holders in StakeCube V3. More about this later.
- FIRO +310.3%
- PIRATE +41.9%
- KMD +23.8%
- SCC +7.5%
SCC Profit Sharing Poll
Back in 2018 there was a lot of debate in our community regarding the possibility of implementing a profit sharing system for SCC. This week we announced that StakeCube V3 will have this feature implemented, and SCC holders will be able to earn a part of the fees we collect through the platform. However we still have to decide what coin we will use to credit these earnings, among other things. There are three possible options: BTC, SCC or Stablecoins. If you have a preference, feel free to vote on this poll:
The SCC masternode bonus program was already a good incentive for people to get some SCC, but now that every SCC will be contributing extra revenue from our fees, SCC could become quite scarce. There are only 188 people who managed to get enough SCC for the full masternode bonus. Now might be a good time to join the club! A profit sharing system could be an important source of revenue if StakeCube reaches high levels of traffic in the future.
London Whale Event
As we communicated before, the StakeCube team attended the London Whale Crypto event on the 4th and 5th of July. You can read more about it in last week’s newsletter:
Finally the pictures from the event came out this week! If you were curious about what Oleg and the others look like, now is your chance!
For those of you that don’t know about it, the Phore team is airdropping a token called Graphene to all wallets that were holding PHR at several given snapshot times. StakeCube is supporting this airdrop. We claim the corresponding tokens and credit them automatically to all users that are entitled to them.
We have now successfully claimed and credited the 4th Graphene airdrop. The snapshot for this airdrop was taken on the 6th of June at 23:59 GMT. All wallets that were holding Phore on StakeCube at that time have received it. StakeCube claimed it on the 15th of July. This is the transaction id of the claim:
If you want to know more about Graphene and the upcoming airdrops, just follow this link:
Next week we will be hosting a special Thetan Arena tournament. We call it Raidon Rumble, and it focuses around the character Raidon, as this will be the only character players will be able to use.
To join the event, simply register here:
We also want to give a big thanks to all of the sponsors of this event!
- Community gaming: https://www.communitygaming.io/
- E1337: https://e1337.pro/
- BabyMoon Gaming House: https://twitter.com/bgh_dao
If you’re interested in eSports; be it as a player or a viewer, feel free to join our eSports Discord to find more gaming-related news and event information:
Wallets in Maintenance
This is the status of all wallets currently in maintenance:
- DAPS: Continued sync problems.
- HCC: Explorer is down.
- KTS: Continued sync problems.
- LUX: Explorer issues.
- XLR: Wallet issues.
- TUP: Chain forking issues.
- ULG: Explorer is down.
- VSX: Swap ongoing.
KYDC and CTSC Status
Over the last few months, the KYDC and CTSC wallets have been rather problematic, forcing us to constantly put them in maintenance. We have communicated often with the teams of these coins, but the problems persist. We have come to a point where if no solution is implemented soon we will consider delisting these coins. Performing maintenance on these wallets is considerably increasing the workload for our technical team, and they have other pressing tasks to perform. As an alternative; and if no solution can be found for the wallet issues, we would be happy to support a swap to an SCP token. We will communicate this option to the respective teams as well, and will inform the community in the next few weeks once we reach a decision.
MeaTec Temporary Shut Down
Another week, another down time for MeaTec. This one will last around 10 days while they perform repairs on a power plant. This was their official communication:
StakeCube Version 3
Progress in multiple areas has been quite vast, as many parts of the codebase are being revamped with super fast functionality and scalability, the most notable of those changes this week being:
- The trading engine for SC v3 is almost fully complete. Atomic orderbook-trades are complete and integrated fully with the user accounting system.
- Many obsolete parts of the codebase have been revamped and redesigned, leading to better modularity for the developers and thus increasing the pace of development we can make in the future.
StakeCube V3 Exchange Sneak Peek
Today we wanted to show you one of the most important services StakeCube V3 will offer: the exchange. We have already talked about its great scalability; being able to handle more than 200 million transactions per second, but not much was said about the looks. In the following video you can get a clear picture of what the new exchange will look like, and see some of the new features in action such as:
- Sum of orders in orderbook. This feature allows you to see how much liquidity a coin has up until a selected price, to avoid slippage and always have the right expectations for a trade.
- Portfolio percentage orders. StakeCube V3 will allow you to create orders to sell specific percentages of your portfolio.
- Advanced view. For those of you that love having a big chart on-screen, this is the right view!
All while being perfectly adapted for mobile users! Enjoy the video!
Please read the following information regarding the security of your account and funds:
The StakeCube.net team will:
- Never contact you first
- Never ask you to send them or move coins to some other address
- Never ask you for remote access or to install any third party software
- Never ask you for your password or 2FA codes
- Never provide support using direct messages
If you observe any of these listed behaviors, someone is trying to steal money from you. This applies to all of our social media channels. Our team will post official messages in the appropriate channels, and we only offer support through our ticket system on our support email:
Please, also take into account the following measures to keep your account secure:
- Enable 2FA in the account settings
- Enable IP verification in the account settings
- Use a strong password
- Change the password regularly
- Never share your password with others
- Never allow remote access to your devices
- If you require assistance, use only the official channels
- Download software only from verified sources
SCP Wallet is now signed with JSKitty’s public PGP key. This allows users to verify that the wallet has been cryptographically signed and approved by him. Even if our GitHub is compromised, the downloads are still safe as long as the PGP verification confirms that the files have not been tampered with. If you download SCP, please verify the binary against our developer’s public key:
Social Media and Other Important Links:
- Discord: https://discord.gg/RTJKjdwEsY
- Telegram: https://t.me/Stakecube
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/964396784312480
- Facebook Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/StakeCubeEcosystem
- Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/stakecube
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/stakecube/
- SCPScan: https://scpscan.net/
- SCC Explorer: http://22.214.171.124/