StakeCube in Numbers
This was one of the most hectic weeks since we opened StakeCube more than 3 years ago. A sudden inflow of new people coming from the TenUp community has made our userbase grow by more than 5%. The daily volume traded on the exchange multiplied by 5 with respect to last week, peaking at more than $1 million last Sunday. This week there were also considerable increases in SCC price and Pool value. As for the Crypto markets in general, the recovery seems to continue, with Bitcoin reaching new levels not seen since the spring crash. While the recent price increases should also have improved mining revenue, the increasing mining difficulty has stifled this growth.
- User Count: 113,102 +5.34%
- Pool Value: 688.85 BTC +3.32%
- Daily BTC Mined: 0.145 BTC -4.61%
- SCC Price: $1.00 +12.36%
- SCC Market Cap: $9,274,000 +12.40%
- Daily Exchange Volume $441,134 +406.60%
- Alexa Rank 21,135 -134
As you probably noticed, the website experienced some issues this week, with our servers working at maximum capacity. This was the result of a huge inflow of TUP community members coming to StakeCube to trade on our exchange. The traffic volume reached six times the usual levels, resulting in down times and completely overloading the email queue. In the end we were forced to close the exchange for the TUP trading pairs, as our system simply could not handle that kind of volume. After implementing a few changes to improve efficiency we decided to reopen the SCC and BTC pairs for TUP. These don’t see as much volume as the stablecoin ones, which allows us to offer a compromise so that the TUP community can still trade on StakeCube.
We don’t expect to reopen the USDT pairs for TUP any time soon, as this would doubtlessly cause a new increase of volume and more issues. The inability of our site to face such high traffic volumes is one of the reasons we’re putting all of our effort into developing the next version of StakeCube. This will be equipped with the necessary architecture to be able to handle much higher traffic volumes than it can at the moment.
Needless to say all the recent issues and increased traffic has also put a strain on our support staff, who were faced with an unprecedented number of support tickets. We feel compelled to remind our users that support tickets are typically resolved within 24 hours after opening the ticket. You should not expect our support agents to always reply to you instantly. We had many users open multiple tickets or spam our Discord chats with already answered questions, which only made it more difficult to tackle the situation. Please open only one ticket per issue, and wait patiently for our staff to resolve it.
This week we have had an innumerable amount of deposits to the wrong address. In many cases there was nothing we could do to retrieve the funds. In others, we were able to do it, but this takes a considerable amount of work and we were forced to charge a $100 fee for this service. John Luke, one of our team members, has created a video to guide users through the process of depositing stablecoins to StakeCube. Please watch it, and share it with others that might need it:
Some MineCube Figures
MineCube has surpassed 2800 users this week. Of them, there are now 174 who have fully recovered their investment, with the best recovery rate currently at 104.09%. The average number of workers owned by MineCube users is 158. That is enough to generate a daily income of 4740 Satoshi, or $2.20 at current prices. As for the OTC orders, we have completed enough for another order of 10,000 workers which should arrive at some point in the coming weeks.
If you want to mine cryptocurrency and earn a daily passive income, check out our MineCube services:
You can also read the FAQ:
Or ask us any questions you might have on our Discord channel.
Monk Collateral Change
Since block 100,000 Monk masternodes require 8,000 coins instead of the 4,000 they used to. This makes it necessary to redeploy all masternodes with the new collateral. Users must destroy all hot nodes they had with the previous collateral, and set up new ones with the new collateral.
DevCube New Bot
An open-source new SC Market Maker bot has been published. This is a market-making bot, which can be used to increase the liquidity of a trading pair. Users can now easily install it and configure it. You can download it here:
It is also available on the DevCube repository:
The July Trivia competition has finished. These are this month’s winners:
- Jonnidewoolf with 32 correct answers
- Muskwalker with 26 correct answers
- Blarks with 24 correct answers
This month we had 16 participants with at least one correct answer. To all of you that participated we hope you enjoyed the competition and best of luck for next month!
We have taken the DogeC wallet out of maintenance and we are monitoring its stability at the moment. However although the DogeC team insists that they have activated masternode rewards, the wallet keeps showing zero rewards. We will keep you informed as the situation develops.
Did you know StakeCube has a native coin? And did you know that you can mine it? StakeCube Coin uses the X11 algorithm, secured with Masternodes!
If you want to get started, you can do it with one of the mining pools that mine SCC:
Or use Awesome Miner:
Or you can set payments to SCC on MineCube:
Beware of Scammers and Impersonators
With so many new users joining the platform, we have noticed an increased number of scammers impersonating team members to steal funds. Please make sure to read the security notice at the end of this newsletter to keep your account safe. Also please report to our support agents any suspicious activity you encounter.
After more than a week of community and internal team testing, today we released SCP Wallet v1.1.5 codename Zap ⚡. This version hosts many often-requested features, and will be the most powerful release in SCP’s short history. To understand the full magnitude of the update, please check the release notes on GitHub:
The updates this week include:
- A new bytecode-powered Virtual Machine (VM) has been added to the SCP codebase. This is a prototype which will initially power the most basic DApps on the platform. It could be seen as a thinned-down EVM (Ethereum’s VM)
- New DApp ID developer tools, such as a new DApp ID system and DApp built-in storage contracts.
- The New ID system allows to deploy DApps on-chain with a unique identifier for easy access.
- DApp built-in storage contracts. Developers can now store data within DApp contracts, with a choice of two methods: array storage (push/list), or map storage: (key/val, set/get).
- The SCP Wallet GUI codebase has received some large-scale optimizations. CPU and Memory usage are now considerably lower, loading speeds faster, and general UI stability and performance have greatly improved.
- Non-Windows systems will now bootup slightly faster, as the Regedit dependency will be unloaded automatically when non-win32 systems are detected.
- Full-node InstantSend has improved, with UI duplication fixed and generally faster history updating.
Wallet Maintenance News
We updated the following wallets:
Previous version: 126.96.36.199
New version: 188.8.131.52
Masternodes had to be restarted after this update.
Please read the following information regarding the security of your account and funds:
The StakeCube.net team will:
- Never contact you first
- Never ask you to send them or move coins to some other address
- Never ask you for remote access or to install any third party software
- Never ask you for your password or 2FA codes
- Never provide support using direct messages
If you observe any of these listed behaviors, someone is trying to steal money from you. This applies to all of our social media channels. Our team will post official messages in the appropriate channels, and we only offer support through our ticket system on Discord.
Please, also take into account the following measures to keep your account secure:
- Enable 2FA in the account settings
- Enable IP verification in the account settings
- Use a strong password
- Change the password regularly
- Never share your password with others
- Never allow remote access to your devices
- If you require assistance, use only the official channels
- Download software only from verified sources
SCP Wallet is now signed with JSKitty’s public PGP key. This allows users to verify that the wallet has been cryptographically signed and approved by him. Even if our GitHub is compromised, the downloads are still safe as long as the PGP verification confirms that the files have not been tampered with. If you download SCP, please verify the binary against our developer’s public key: